Is it a social media thing? Have we given up on leverage? Scale?
Without a doubt, 2011 was the year of "amplifying" philanthropy. A few examples:
- Amplify your impact - (Foundation Center, DC)
- Simplify and Amplify your philanthropy (Tides)
- Don't Filter - Amplify (WFN)
- Amplifying Social Impact (ZeroDivide)
- Amplify and Magnify (TPW West)
Here's the list of 2011 Philanthropy Buzzwords.
In honor of the recession-that-experts-say-is-over-but-tell-that-to-the-unemployed, I'm only doing 9 Buzzwords this year. Everyone has to cut back.
.1 Social Impact Bond
.2 Collective Impact
.4 Charitable Tax Reform
I'm just kidding. Stay tuned - in the interest of collective impact, multi-platform storytelling, and disrupting the status quo, I'm trying something new this year. The 10th buzzword of the year will be announced in the Chronicle of Philanthropy on December 27th. They'll have the full list and reveal the buzzword you've all been waiting for.
Buzzword 2011.10 - ....